Crowdfunding opened on Indiegogo on December 7, 2016, with an initial goal of US$20,000. Fans have until January 31, 2017 to back it! This is the follow-up to the Samurai Armor Hoodie TOM x Studio696 project from April 2016, which succeeded after earning over US$80,000 in funding.
The Ninjacket uses lightweight jersey material, a must-have for ninjas-in-training looking for non-restrictive clothes!
• The non-detachable hood has a loose fit to capture that ninja style, but the accented color line (available in red, blue or yellow) adds a modern touch!
• The extra-long collar zips up the front to cover the lower half of your face.
• The chest has a chainmail design that’s cut and sewn instead of printed.
• The sleeves cover the back of your hands and have a finger hook.
• You can also get pants that incorporate features of hakama (trousers) and kyahan (leggings).
• They’re made of the same jersey materials as the Ninjacket, so they match perfectly.
• The elastic waistband and cord mean they’re easy to move in and fit perfectly.
• The cuffs have ribbing in the style of kyahan.
You can see the Ninjacket in action in the short video Be the Hero with Ninjacket above! It features a high school girl and her friends, who transform into ninja using the hoodie to chase down a thief around Tokyo. (It features some cool parkour, too!)
Crowdfunding Site: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ninjacket-japan#/
Open Period: Dec. 7, 2016 @ 6:00 p.m. (PST) to Jan. 31, 2017 @ 11:59 p.m. (PST)
• Ninjacket (Early Bird): US$159 (limited to 30)
• Ninjacket (Regular Price): US$189
• Ninjacket & Ninja Pants Set (Early Bird): US$219 (limited to 30 sets)
• Ninjacket & Ninja Pants Set (Regular Price): US$249
• 3 Ninjackets (Early Bird): US$429 (limited to 30 sets)
• 3 Ninjackets (Regular Price): US$509
• 3 Ninjackets & 3 Ninja Pants Set (Early Bird): US$589 (limited to 30 sets)
• 3 Ninjackets & 3 Ninja Pants Set (Regular Price): US$669
Estimated Shipping: April 2017
If you happen to live in Japan, you can still back it through the crowdfunding platform Campfire.