Copyright - Trademark - Disclaimer Facts
- 1. All About Japan
- Under current regulations, All About Japan is a comprehensive information service provided by All About, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “we,”, “us” or “our”) to users at https://allabout-japan.com and its related URLs, with a focus on information and content from its editorial staff, as well as that of cooperative partners. All About Japan also features advertisements from sponsors in designated advertising spaces.
- 2. Changes and notifications of current regulations
- Changes are made to the current regulations as necessary. Any time a change is made, users will not be notified. Please refer to the main page for the latest version.
- 3. Copyright
- The following items are included under protection from various international copyright laws and ordinances by All About Japan: articles, music, paintings, drawings/films/photographs/programs, collected works, data from databases, and any secondary works to the above. Any attempt to reproduce, transmit, broadcast, loan, translate, forge, or adapt these works without permission from us, Inc. and our partners and sponsors is a violation of copyright law and will be treated as such, with compensation for damages being sought.
- 4. Disclaimer
- Due to cases of subjective evaluative information, changes over time, and hearsay, we and our information providers do not guarantee the integrity, accuracy, or security of any information provided by All About Japan, information from third-party websites, or articles submitted by users. We will not be held responsible for any trouble or damages incurred as a result of information from All About Japan, third-party information, user articles, news from advertising sponsors, or correspondence from external websites such as emails, phone calls, and faxes.
- 5. Information usage
- We may create and make use of general statistical data based on opinions and inquiries sent by users to All About Japan in such a way that it is impossible to identify any individual user.
- 6. Authorized law and court jurisdiction
- All About Japan and its terms of service are based on the national law of Japan. All disputes related to All About Japan will be under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court at the first instance.
- 7. A warning about information on this website
- Although we are constantly trying to improve the reliability of our information (including advertisements, external links, message boards, email magazines, etc.), we cannot ensure complete security. We, along with all of our guides and information providers, cannot be held responsible for damages incurred from any of the information provided. Please consult all disclaimers before using this website.
- 2. We will collect personal information via All About Japan in the following instances. While the following are all examples, the collection of personal information may occur in other instances. Furthermore, we will not collect personal information without customer's consent.
- (1) When a customer uses All About Japan (e.g. registering as a member or monitor, filling out a survey, entering a promotional event, buying one of our products, and other cases as may apply).
- (2) When a customer provides information without using our services
- (3) When collecting publicly available information online in order to assist us with an investigation or other operations.
*The personal information that we collect from customers is dependent on which of our services is utilized, and may include the following: name, address, phone number, email address, social service account information, company or organization name, position or job title, and any other related information, including birth date, gender, interests, bank account information, credit card information, and any other information deemed necessary for using one of our services, such as registering for an email magazine, completing a survey, applying for a promotional event, or purchasing an item. Please note that some of the examples of information listed may not be capable of uniquely identifying an individual.
- 3. Personal information purpose of use
The personal information that we collect from customers is generally used for the following purposes:
- (1) To allow customers to login to our services, as well as to complete shopping transactions such as shipping, deposits, repayments, and customer support
- (2) To provide information about goods and services via email magazines, emails, mail, and telephone
- (3) To conduct examinations of our business operations, along with promoting sales and other business activities
- (4) To respond to customer inquiries
- (5) To assist our advertising sponsors with surveys
- (6) Any other specified purposes for collecting personal information
- 4. Statistical data use
- In cases where the personal information collected is used to create statistical data that is disclosed outside of the company, we will present the information such that unique individuals cannot be identified.
- 5. Management of personal information
- We maintain a pertinent management system for the sake of personal information security. Internally, we restrict access to the database that contains personal information to authorized parties in order to prevent unwanted handling of data. We have adequate security measures in place, such as SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to protect against the dangers of identity theft or fraud from outside parties and help keep your data safe.
- 6. Procedure for entrusting personal information
- In cases where we entrust certain tasks to an external work consignment agency, such as email or postal shipping/handling, customer support, delivery arrangements, or the creation of statistical data, the handling of personal information may also be entrusted to the same agency. The agency we work with allows us to directly monitor the management of personal data, with the prevention of data leakage as a requirement of our agreement.
- 7. Providing or disclosing personal information to third parties
As a rule, we do not submit our customers' personal information to third parties except during the consignment process specified in #6. However, in the following cases, we may provide or disclose personal information, after careful consideration as to that necessity of the information.
- (1) When necessary to protect a person's life, health, or assets, or when needed especially to encourage healthy childhood development or promote public health, when it is difficult to acquire consent from the associated parties
- (2) When a consigned party such as a national agency or local public body must comply with a lawful order, and seeking customer consent would impede the execution of said compliance
- (3) When a third party (advertising sponsors, shipping carriers, etc.) needs personal information in order to provide the appropriate services to any of our customers
- (4) When any operations or all or part of a service is assigned to a third party (including but not limited to company dissolution)
- (5) When the collection of personal information has been made explicitly clear to a customer (including but not limited to disclosure of personal information instead of general statistics when necessary for services such as the publication of articles)
- (6) When required by or otherwise permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law or any other legislation.
- 8. Personal information supervisor
The following entities are designated as personal information supervisors who directly oversee the management of personal information
-All About, Inc.
-Information Security Room General Manager
- 9. Inquiries regarding personal information disclosure and discussion
- (1) In regards to their own personal information, customers may file a request for the following: a notice regarding its purpose of use; disclosing, correcting or supplementing the information; or deleting or otherwise ending internal or third-party usage of the data. Requests for the disclosure of personal information, complaints regarding the handling of said information and all related discussions can be submitted here(email@example.com). There are cases where backup data is unable to be validated, corrected, or otherwise deleted.
- (2) When receiving a request or submission in regards to the disclosure of personal information, we will confirm customer identity by validating a unique piece of information: ID, password, name, address, telephone number, birth date, email address, etc.
- (3) We will respond to requests and inquiries regarding the disclosure of personal information as quickly as possible, provided that we can verify the identity of the submitter.
Cookies and IP Addresses, etc.
Please refer here for the handling of Informative Data at the Company.
- The Company may combine cookies obtained by the Company and information obtained by non-Company cookies that have been recorded upon a Customer’s visit to other websites in a manner that cannot identify an individual and use it for marketing activities (including advertisement distribution) of the Company and other companies.
Personal Information Protection Manager and Data Protection Officer
The Company has assigned the following individual as the Company’s personal information protection manager and data protection officer and appropriately manages personal information with such individual playing central roles.
All About, Inc.
Officer of Information Security Office
Inquiries about Disclosure of and Consultation about Personal Information
- With respect to your personal information, you may request for notification on purposes of use, disclosure, rectification, addition, removal, exercise of data portability right, or discontinuation of use, erasure or discontinuation of provision to third parties (“Personal Information Disclosure, Etc.”). Please file your requests for Personal Information Disclosure, Etc., and complaints or inquiries about the handling of personal information at the Company here. There may be cases where personal information is backup data, etc. such that it cannot be checked, rectified or removed by its nature.
- When having received a request for or an inquiry about Personal Information Disclosures, Etc. from a principal, the Company shall verify that such person is a principal by using information that can identify an individual (ID, password, name, address, phone number, date of birth, e-mail address, etc.).
- When having received a request for or an inquiry about Personal Information Disclosures, Etc., the Company shall promptly respond to such request or inquiry to a reasonable extent (to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use) only when the Company has been able to verify that the requester or inquirer is a principal.
- A principal has the right to lodge an objection with a competent data protection authority in each country with respect to the handling of personal information relating to the principal.
The Company shall retain a Customer’s personal information as long as it is necessary for the Company to provide the Services to the Customer. The Company shall promptly erase such personal information when it is no longer needed.
Transfer of Personal Information outside the EU
To achieve the purposes of use described in 3. above, the Company may transfer a Customer’s personal information to and handle it in countries outside the EU (including Japan). In countries outside the EU, there may be cases where the same rights of a data subject under the GDPR are not recognized; provided, however, that, the Company ensures that sufficient measures to protect the Customer’s personal information will be secured by means such as concluding GDPR-based, standard contract clauses.
Name of “Authorized Personal Information Protection Organization” of which the Company is a member and Contact Information for Filing Complaints
The Company is a target entity of the following authorized personal information protection organization.
General Incorporated Foundation JIPDEC
Personal Information Protection Consultation Service Office
Roppongi First Building 12F, 9-9 Roppongi 1-chome, Minato-ku Tokyo, 106-0032 Japan
Please contact the following for any inquiries about the Policy.
All About, Inc. Personal Information Manager
6F Ebisu Subaru Building, 20-8 Ebisu 1-chome, Shibuya-ku Tokyo, 150-0013 Japan
To ensure security in the Services, the Company uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology for the input of personal information to prevent such information from being intercepted, interfered or altered.
Relevant information: Personal Information Protection Policy