The only thing this dessert sushi has in common with its namesake is that it contains rice. But that doesn’t change the fact that it looks absolutely delicious and that you should get in your kitchen and go try making it right now!
French cuisine also has its place among the foodies of the world, and when it comes to French desserts, crepes are probably one of the first things that come to one’s mind. So, it seems only right for crepes to make a star appearance in this dessert sushi recipe, found in French cooking magazine Gourmand.
* A suitable amount of raspberries, blueberries, bananas, and any other fruit you like
* 500g (17.6 oz) rice pudding
* 4 to 6 crepes
1. Wash, dry, and dice the fruit.
2. Lay one crepe on a bamboo sushi mat, spread a thin layer of rice pudding across the crepe, and sprinkle some fruit along the center.
3. Using the bamboo mat, roll the crepe as you would a sushi roll, then wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and let it set in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
4. Using a well-sharpened knife, slice the rolled crepe into 3-cm-thick (a little over 1 inch) slices and serve.
While nothing about this says sushi aside from the shape, it is a fun and creative mesh of cuisines and cooking styles, and is sure to be a perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth!